webgenius can't wait to help you put your business online in a way that creates an impressive online presence. Amazing websites don't happen by accident. There is thoughtful, deliberate effort put into each site that we create. That's why you get some homework. This will help you to gather the needed to details so that we can create a website that works with your preferences and helps to fulfill your vision. Don't worry. You won't be graded on this.
Here's your homework!
- Think about what you want your website to accomplish.
- Figure out what pages you want to have. Common ones are Home, About, Contact, and a page about what you are offering.
- What domain name do you want to have? Do you already own this?
- Start working on website content, what you want each page to say.
- Explore other websites, some that are in the field of your business and even some that aren't. Take note of what you like and dislike on each of the site. For instance, you might like the colors of one site, the layout of another, and the graphics on some.
- If you have a logo, get the graphics files ready.
- Gather any relevant pictures you have that you'll want used on your site.
- Compile all of this together as we'll be asking you for this information!
This may sound like a lot of homework, but it goes quickly. It really helps us to design the perfect website for you! We may be a webgenius, but we aren't mind readers. Thanks in advance to giving thought to these items.